Tuesday 28 April 2009

Supermarket Specials


Last week I did a post on CK alternatives and today it’s the turn of beauty products!

After reading Sophie Honeysuckle’s post on Barbara Daly’s Face Lift cream I decided to get myself down to Tesco and give it a try (esp when I read her follow up post about her hubby’s comments here)


I am suitably impressed. Day to day I try not to wear to much make up and this is perfect for taking the edge of. Usually I wear Benefits primer which does the same job for me but I prefer Barbara Daly’s price tag.

As I’d run out of my fave YSL mascara and was pondering the success of my new purchase I decided to give Barbara Daly’s "full on" mascara a try. With a £15 price difference I could be on to saving myself a fortune. I went so far as to put YSL on one eye and Daly’s on the other (yes I have far too much time on my hands!) and I couldn’t tell the difference.

Thank you Sophie for introducing me to Barbara Daly!

There’s no stopping Tesco right now with their Finest Range of Perfume and Bath products that have a distinct similarity to a certain Jo Malone. I started with the Ginger Vanilla & Pink Pepper when I needed a day perfume and was very happy (esp for a fiver!) and since then have added Red Rose & Jasmine and Lime, Mandarin & Vetiver to my collection. They are perfect for work and have a range of bubble baths and lotions to match (I’ve avoided buying them so far as my bathroom is over run with lotions and potions!) – Sophie has also blogged about these products here

Let me know if you’ve tried any of these products/ranges and what you thought of them and more importantly, let me know any supermarket products you’ve discovered.

9 comments:

Sue at Dollytub Cottage said...

Hi Victoria,
I bought a co-enzyme Q10 daycream and nightcream at Lidl's for £1.39 each.( That's not typo.)It's as good as anything I've ever used. I worked for a beauty cosmetics company, it's the same as a lot of things - the packaging and marketing that sets the price. SueX

Linda said...

Sounds like you found some great products and will be saving some money...I'm for that. I love cosmetics and spend way too much money on them. I love to buy them when you get a free little gift:) hugs, Linda

LissyLou said...

I love Barbara Daly!!
I've been using face lift since it came out a few years ago. I like it because it has a little spf in it, it smells lovely and is a great texture. I use it on it's own, or under foundation. Sometimes i mix them together to make a tinted moisturiser and it's great to highlight. x

Shabby Chick said...

That sounds really good! Like the sound of the scented products too. I use Barbara Daley blusher which is really good, a nice natural colour instead of some of the sparkly horrors you can get! And her eyeshadows are good too.

Mel xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Victoria
I am hosting a swap over on my site if you would like to join, please feel free to pop over and take a look.
Take Care
Love Melanie xxx

Country Bliss said...

Thanks for the tip off, I've never looked at the beauty products in Tesco before so will have a look at the weekend. First time I've seen Sophie Honeysuckles lovely blog too!
Yvonne x

Sherri said...

Hi Victoria. I think it's great you are trying different things. It always feels great when something costs less and works the same doesn't it!!

Victoria Plum said...

Tesco are brilliant! They also do a handwash which is very similar to Moulton Brown ... I love Barbara Daly makeup - unfortunately my local Tesco doesn't stock it :(

Blogger said...

Sick and tired of wrinkled skin?
The ChinUp Mask can help to reduce the appearance of fat around the neck whilst hydrating the skin.