Monday 23 June 2008

My Town....



I am beyond fashionably late for Miss Laurence's Cities parties!




Apologies but it my parents were hosting my uncle's 60th birthday this weekend and I was running around helping them and haven't even had an opportunity to get on the computer




(yes after getting updated with my blogs I have 92 to go through again!!!)




To wet your appetites I have managed to pull some photo's off the internet to share with you of my town....





This is my local high street






Here's a view of my church in the High Street from long ago to today




This is where I hope to marry one day!


Out local war memorial where I attend the Rememberance Day parade



We're surrounded by Epping Forest which is often "spoken off" in EastEnders as the place to bury a body!



We also have a famous resident in Epping... Rod Stewart....this is his home





It is located on the Copped Hall Estate. Copped Hall being a burnt out mansion currently being restored. Prince Charles has even visited the site!







And if that tour through Epping has made you thirsty why not stop for a drink in my parents local pub







This is one of the last "proper" non-chain pubs in Epping.






I promise I will do a more personal post in the next month or so!

5 comments:

Linda said...

Loved the tour! You live in a lovely spot. Hugs, Linda

Alison Gibbs said...

What a great tour of your home town
Alison

Miss*Laurence said...

Hey this is great! You even get free drinks here!! ;-)
So Epping is a mix of a small village with a famous millionnaire and a few dark secrets in the woods... well, sure makes a worthy trip!
Thanks for posting I updated the list!

blessings said...

Your town is so cool! I love that old fashioned style. Blessings.. Polly

Saucy said...

What a great idea for a post party! I must do this to join the fun.

I posted the link list to the virtual wedding party today. We cannot wait to see what fun you've had at weddings.