Thursday 26 June 2008

Wedding Party!!!

Today i'm joining Saucy's wedding party




Again I completely forgot about this one so it'll just be a quick post!


I don't know what the matter is with me at the moment, thankfully i'm going on holiday Saturday and I can re-charge my batteries!


The first picture is from my aunt's wedding in the 80s.




The bridesmaid trend at this time was candy striped dresses and as we were leaving the next wedding arrived and the bridesmaids were dressed in exactly the same peach dresses!!!


I was wearing ballet shoes and wore them till they literally disintegrated!


Next up is my aunts wedding, my mum is the bridesmaid on the left.




My mum altered my aunts wedding dress for her own wedding, removing the Tudor-esq collar and creating a square neck line (sorry I don't have a photo to show you).


Unfortunately when my mum returned the dress to my aunt she cut it up into cushions!!!!!


Well that's all my wedding tales today, sorry it's so short. For some photo's of me in my bridesmaid attire please see this post


This post has also brought me to 100!!!!


Who could believe it!!!


When i'm re-charged and back from my hols I will host a giveaway and I have a little swap idea I'm planning so please check in!


6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yep, that looks like the 80's! Been there, done that! LOL
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs and Blessings,
Rebecca

alittlebitofscrap said...

I had a cousin get married in the 80's and her bridesmaids dresses were peach and I think that same design... funny! Love the older photos!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Wonderful "vintage" wedding pics! Mine will be posted later on today, so please come check them out.

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

blessings said...

Hope you have a lovely holiday!! Blessings... Polly

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

I love those timely dresses; they were perfect back in the day.

Saucy said...

Congratulations on 100 posts! Your photos are a hoot - were you carrying floral hula hoops? Classic. Thanks for joining in the fun!